Quality assurance (QA) in manufacturing operations encompasses any quality management system (QMS) procedures that companies use to ensure products are consistent, free of defects, and compliant with specific quality standards for the industry. While quality assurance and quality control (QC) are sometimes used interchangeably, quality control is actually a subcategory of quality assurance that focuses on product monitoring, checkpoint evaluations, testing, and inspections as part of overall quality assurance. QA is more broad and emphasizes processes, overseeing and auditing manufacturing operations to support a strong QMS.
Coweta Tech Precision Inc. delivers superior quality assurance for customers with our CNC machining services and precision products. Learn more about the benefits of QA, our QA procedure, and the quality certifications we maintain to deliver products that exceed your expectations.
Quality Assurance Benefits
Quality assurance in manufacturing at Coweta Tech Precision offers an array of advantages to our customers, including:
- Increasing savings on costs, time, and materials. Quality assurance for manufacturing allows us to detect and address potential quality problems early in production, reducing material waste, time spent on product rework, and customer returns. This helps to minimize material and labor costs.
- Enhancing operational efficiency. As QA processes ensure that products meet set standards, rework becomes unnecessary, and employees receive adequate training, we capitalize on significant efficiency gains in our manufacturing process. With trusted QA practices and optimized procedures in place, it takes less time and money to produce your high-precision parts.
- Supporting scalable growth in your business. Our quality assurance manufacturing helps you consistently deliver high-quality and cost-efficient products, which promotes business growth. This differentiates your company in the market and enables you to maintain and expand your customer base.
- Building a reputation for trusted reliability. Delivering defective or otherwise subpar products to customers negatively impacts your reputation and, in turn, future sales. Consistently delivering quality products plays a crucial role in earning and keeping client trust for optimal customer satisfaction, establishing a reputation for reliability.
- Creating a safer workspace for employees. As quality assurance considerations include evaluating worker safety and production hazards, implementing a QA plan gives our employees a better, safer environment in which to work.
Quality Assurance Process
The typical QA process involves the following stages, which establish quality metrics and goals while helping safeguard product integrity:
- Setting quality standards. The first step is establishing the quality standards or objectives that products need to meet to be considered acceptable. These goals should be both realistic and measurable as these standards will act as benchmarks for evaluating success.
- Defining quality assurance processes and responsibilities. In this stage, companies outline step-by-step instructions, best practices, and designated personnel for achieving the chosen quality objectives. Decisions like inspection methods and where to have checkpoints are common decisions to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Enacting the chosen quality assurance plan. Once a company has made all necessary considerations and has a QA process plan, this stage involves putting the chosen standards and procedures into action.
- Monitoring and evaluating operations. This stage involves conducting regular inspections and tests at various stages of the manufacturing process to verify that products meet the required quality standards and customer specifications. Employees and systems gather performance data, analyzing it to identify deviations, trends, or areas for improvement.
Manufacturing quality assurance is not a one-time consideration at Coweta Tech Precision, but an ongoing commitment to continual improvement to enhance quality and efficiency in our operation over time. This means continued monitoring and recurring data analysis to identify the root causes of any production issues or product defects, and implementing corrective and preventive actions in the next product cycle.
Coweta Tech Precision is also committed to delivering high-quality products that meet industry certification requirements.
ISO Certification 9001:2015
Regulated by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), this ISO 9001 certification sets the standards by which companies can build, enact, maintain, and improve upon their QMS processes. The purpose is twofold: helping businesses with continual improvement as well as meeting both regulatory and client specifications. Being ISO 9001:2015-certified gives our clients peace of mind that they're receiving inspected, high-quality products.
ITAR Certification (Coming Soon)
We're also in the process of obtaining our International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) certification. This collection of government-mandated policies covers sales, imports, and exports of goods for the defense industry as they pass into and out of particular countries worldwide. They also detail any exceptions. Being ITAR certified will evidence our compliance with these regulations.
Quality Assurance by Coweta Tech Precision
Coweta Tech Precision is a leading provider of precision and CNC machining services worldwide. With over 30 years of experience, we've built a reputation for exceptional customer service and a relentless focus on quality throughout our operations. To learn more about quality assurance and continuous improvement at Coweta Tech Precision, contact us today.